PC V with Auto Tune = Holy Grail. for the 2008 & 2009 Husqvarna EFI bikes

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Coffee, Sep 2, 2009.

1. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    So $600 hmmm, ouch. But there would be no need for the iBeat stuff after that? And it will compensate and adjust for whatever exhaust and airbox changes one chooses? And with the switch on can set a base map and non-base map or running changes map and toggle between them? Any reason one couldn't or they makers wouldn't make it so one could have multiple maps? High fuel efficiency, race, traction, mellow, whatever? And of course to clarify that ANY PCV would work with the autotune enabled even though the 610 is "under development"?

Sorry for all the questions but these are the things I wonder..........
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    No problem.
  3. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Huh? I could likely send my bike out there....... when? For how long? what? Sure, I'd do it..................
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Dynojet has an open invitation for people who have bikes they want to test. You will have to work things out with them, but in return for them using your bike you would get a free PC V.
    http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/BikesWanted/Default.aspx
  5. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Thanks!! Appropriate questions submitted to DJ!

I had thought that one of their systems allowed for multiple maps to be preprogramed and adjusted on the fly. Allowing the racers to have adjustments for powercurve for different tracks or different traction conditions like rain or what not. I'll have to inquire with them about that.

Even with all this coolness I suppose I should see about access to iBeat as with more reading it's good for computer reset and TPS adjustment fixes. Sounds like the ideal thing for a regional group share thing.......
  6. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

Someone had asked about the durability of the Power Commander. The main board is encompessed in a rubber potting material so vibration and water should not be of concern. We have mapped a bike while the Power Commander was submersed in water with no issues! The vulnerable spot is the ports. Make sure you have the plugs for the ports installed. The PCIII has a 10 pin port that uses a plastic plug that really doesn't seal all that great. On my quad I use a small piece of tape over that port, just in case!

If the unit was to go bad you really won't have any symptoms. It will either work or it won't in most cases. If you found yourself where you suspected the unit went bad just unplug the connector from the injector and plug it back in stock and it will run off the stock ECU. There would be no need to disconnect the ground or TPS wire to get back to stock. The Power Commander can not take out the ECU or change it in any way so simply disconnecting it will get you going again if there ever was an issue.

The PCV does have the ability to store 2 maps which can be toggled on the fly using any SPST switch. If you have Auto tune connected and you use a switch it will only allow you toggle between a base map and Auto tune mode.
  7. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone have any pics of where you placed the PC-V and Auto tune and how you ran all the wires?

Not too keen on just velcroing them to the side pannel.

Thanks
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I would just velcro them under the seat on the rear fender. They are not large items, but that is just what I would do for easy access.
  9. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Power Commander still does not have a test bike for the 2010 TE/TXC 250? I thought someone by now would have jumped at getting a free P.C. with Autotune by letting them set one up.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Nope. Just made 2 phone calls and emails yesterday about this topic. FREE PC V if you take your 2010 bike to Vegas! Any 2010 efi bike I believe qualifies, but we are all especially interested in the 2010 250 efi bikes.
  11. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

Coffee - If I can out to your neck of the woods any chance of getting me the 2010 250 models? I have a contact at Leo Vince in Oakland and could map them there possibly. Or Scuderia West in San Fran.
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Interesting!

Would it come with a free PC V?

Think I know someone that would be very interested! Other 2010 bikes as well?
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Vegas huh? maybe the wife and i need a little vacation.
  14. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Brownie points with the wife there Kelly. Man you're one lucky guy.

Jump on this before it disappears. :thumbsup:

Of coarse we'll except full coverage report once completed.

:cheers:
  15. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

Absolutely - has anyone determined if the other models come with a different ECU base map than 09? If they are the same I don't need them.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It is hard to determine how many 2010 bikes have the PC V & Autotune on them, which would be how the maps would be generated. I've not seen much feedback.

Maybe start up a thread with a proposed 2 day event (Friday & Saturday?) in the SF bay area stating what bikes are of interest? I believe you could use a few more 2009 bikes as well. But I'm not sure.

I can make phone calls to get attention to the thread.
  17. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hum... I have a new TE250 in the Los Angeles area<G>
  18. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have actually looked into shipping my bike from VA to Dynojet but it is just too expensive.
  19. mikezx Husqvarna
    B Class

ok so im seriously thinking of getting the PCV and auto tune kit for my 09 smr510, i just have a few questions.
    i have moded the exhaust and have k&n filter, do i just plug everything in and its ready to go, or do i have to barrow a friends labtop and mess with numbers? it doesn't matter to me either way but if i need to barrow a labtop i need to make arrangements lol!
  20. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

You really do need a computer to calibrate the throttle input range at 0 & 100% and to verify and make adjustments to the map. If you add the auto-tune module, you need a computer to set the auto-tune parameters.

One of the advantage of PowerComander over other tuner boxes is the ability to make detailed adjustment of the fuel map with the supplied computer software. Other tuners only offer 3 manual push button adjustments and no auto-tune feature.

It would probably be worth buying a used XP laptop off ebay. There are many listed under $100.

Here is more info to help you see what you can do with PCV software.
    http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Support/Help/Index.html

You can email me if your interested in getting a quote for PCV & auto-tune module. info@semcodesigns.com