PNW Husky event. Bend, OR. Oct. 15-16, 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Aug 9, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    similar riding but north of there. We have time :D
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Most the swelling has gone down and my arm feels almost 100% now. Groin pull is still sucking and shoulder is sore as well. 24hr race (riding sweep) is next weekend so i am taking this weekend off.

thought it was broke for about 10 minutes after the crash but after moving my hand etc realized it is OK. the flash washs it out as it looks worse than this in real life and gets a good reaction out of my 7 yo he he he

[IMG]
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Lets see... what project could Kelly be working on with allen wrenches and scissors in the background. :confused:

Perhaps Kelly is bionic? :eek:

:lol:
  4. Tim H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas EC300, many KTMs
    I noticed that nasty little tree is no longer on the inside of that turn...I'm guessing you weren't the only one that took a trip down that hillside:D. If nothing else, it was worthwhile to perfect the dual rope recovery technique; it worked really well once we got the rythym down.
    You could have been riding a lighter bike for that, though.
    This thread is once again reminding me how lucky we were when we had OUR little head-on at Baumgartner.

Tim H
    witness to history
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    You smashed it pretty good Kelly. Trail 30 claimed some victims that day :thumbsdown:

I'll be out for a bit still.
    In better news.... my left leg feels great! In fact, I've almost forgotten all about it.... except for the damn bills.
  6. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey guys, starting to feel better. One arm in a temp cast and other in bruises lol. Going back to doctor on monday in Bend. Would like to ride again in a big husky group (if my wife lets me) Going to try to post pic later Ryan rpmguy

Attached Files:

7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow. That looks painful! I wanted to go REALLY bad since Bend is only an hour away. The wife said no since we are leaving for Hawaii next week and last time I could barely eat and walk due to a riding incident 3 days before we left. I keep hearing about the head on wrecks and think my wife was smart to not let me go. But I'm definitely in for a ride next Spring!
  8. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

so Motosportz you liked how my 144 ran. Thanks for the compliment . ive been working hard dialing it in so it would rip on the ride. That was the first weekend on the 144. I have to say my 125 cylinder also ripped, the 144 just made it feel like a bigger motor all the way through power range. So people say it gives you bottom, but i feel it gives you more all the way, less clutching. Jetting is almost perfect, I pulled 52miles on a stock cr tank without hitting reserve. Kelly did you keep the stock mikuni like i have? Later
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Gaaah! :eek:

That does not look comfortable at all!

I'm sending healing thoughts your way :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Wow...I'm surprised it doesn't look worse, considering how it looked the morning after!

WoodsChick
  11. MoombaRdr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr250
    RPMGUY Not sure if it looked worse on the trail or in the pics, both look painful. Heal up fast, we have riding to do!
  12. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly do you think the impact through the bars could have hurt your arm like that? Once I bent a pair of really strong DH mountain bike bars in a huge crash. My left arm looked exactly like yours and my right was bruised up to my elbow. Felt like I had a broken hand for several hours.

I am always scared of head on crashes. Sometimes it pays to not be fast enough to ever be in front. I hope you heal up fast.
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have been hearing about the life flight rides out of China Hat for quite awhile. The accidents this past weekend really though tragic, could have been much worse and having it happen to those in our group is very sobering. I think most everyone will have the incidents in the backs of there minds for hopefully.... ever.
    I took a little dualsport ride today to the Nestucca/Trask/Wilson and everytime I'd start ripping, I would start thinking a little more about what's around the corner. At one point I came face to face with a loaded log truck that was headed down the mountian. Going in the ditch avoided it, but if I'd been going a little faster......?

In the old days, in the Tillamook Burn, the old timers would shut their engines off when going down the hills so they coud hear what was going on and that was when their were very few riders.

Hope youall heal fast.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Might be broken. :)
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Dude, your motor RULED. I tried to steal it out of your wrecked bike but your friends gave me the stink eye. :p I obviously have some work to do. I wonder how much of it is the CR ignition verses the head / race gas? Yes. I have the PWK on mine. On the top end our are similar but your kills mine on the bottom, mid and throttle responce. Feels like a well running KTM200 to me. Amazing work. :thumbsup:
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Me too. pleasently surprised. I heal quick for an old man. ;)
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I raked it across something when getting ejected. You can see the scratches. Had a 4 inch long diagonal welt show up instantly (and looked like a broken bone) and later my whole wrist was puffy tight. Surprisingly the swelling went down pretty quick. Feels pretty good now. My groin pull, which i did not even know about until the next day is bothering me more. that should be fun at the 24hr next weekend.
  18. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

lol, i took tresa and 2 friends from norcal down that same trail 2 weeks ago and i noticed the same thing. a tiny stump instead of an evil husaberg-hating tree. :cheers:

No kidding! Regarding head-ons, I'll keep preaching it every chance I get.... If you can't see, you must slow way down, and you must remember that being able to stop within your sight distance is not enough cuz the other guy is going to use up half of that distance.

Going fast is fun, so put a responsible rider out front, and let him get a little gap, then charge to close it, then let it open again. If you meet an oncoming group, stop, make them stop, explain the guys behind you are coming fast, wait for the whole group. Stay out of the helicopter.
  19. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Thankful to attend!

Well, started out thinking the whole family could go (this being planned while I'm on the other side of the continent). Got home way later in the month than I ever expected (silly me, it's government work, what's the hurry:banghead:) I make it home to WA on the 13th right before the sun goes down. The wife has taken a job that includes weekends, there's 1 down now. On the 14th both my kids start sporting fevers, a nice gift from their school buddies. There's 2 more down.... Also, Xymotic determined his bike is not ride-able somewhere in there. My 510 is up for grabs and he's in need of a bike to make the event. Early on 15th (Friday) he and I determine that we are going to attend this event together! The wife doesn't outright object to me still going away for the weekend without her and the kids after being gone for 3 1/2 weeks so I take the ball and run!

Stayed at the Comfort Inn thanks to the discounted rate provided earlier in this thread:thumbsup:

Aaron (Xymotic) and I had a great time riding with Tim (thesandman) on Saturday. Sunday started out great; we made our way north to #45 to experience the lava rocks. I was having a great time until Aaron stopped me with a horn blow and promptly pointed out my rear tire was indeed no longer inflated:cool: Tubliss rocks! Had a 3/8 in gash between knobs but the bead was intact.... so rode it back to camp 3 miles! Ended the day earlier than I hoped but that's how it goes, right?

I got to see lots of familiar faces; Tami (woodschick) her husband Eric, Dean (The Coffee:applause:), Kelly (motosportz), Les (LTR), Tim (the sandman).

Met several other folks including Mark(motosapiens), Jeff (with Les) Brandon (Brandonr), Xcuvator, Brandon, (PC) and more that I can't remember any more.

I've met SO MANY nice people doing this Husky stuff:cheers:

Let the good times continue.....Hopefully Kelly's suggested PNW ride can occur.......
  20. ken510 Husqvarna
    A Class

Can't believe it's been a week since the trip. Just got through putting all my pictures and videos together, reflecting on what a great time it was. All but the crash that is. Could have been a lot worse. I remember after we got Jeff going, I was a little worried about Kelly...he had his pipe hanging in a tree! (You had to be there). That was quite the wreck. I'm glad everyone got off the hill and is all right.
    Going to try to ride one more time this weekend and then tear the bike down. I hear some ideas are already in the works for next year, so until then...