APT SmartCarb

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Eaglefreek, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SC1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GasGas EC300 2009 KTM 300XC
    APT will announce when the pre purchase program starts. We are waiting on the first die cast samples and once those are tested/proven we will begin production and take orders for the pre purchase deal. We are projecting our first release late spring 2013, but trying to move that timeline up. We are also working to get more billets in stock during the interim and should have those available by the end of the year. Thanks, we will keep everyone posted.

Corey
  2. SC1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Excellent choice Sir.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Emailed them and asked to get on the list.
  4. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Just thinking about the price points. The billet carb seems 'pricey', but the "MotoTassinari Air4orce" air tube/box is $300, a wheelset hits 1,000, a 4stroke exhaust-all over the place. There is such a broad spectrum of rider use enhancements from the SmartCarb, it's easily worth the money in my opinion. The die cast units will be an absolute 'steal'. I know I'm preaching a bit here, and I'm a nobody in a big world, but hey, I'm a very satisfied customer!

Question to Corey: What about the 4-stroke world? I have a few of those, too.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Camstyn I have an 08 WB165 and with the SmartCarb the thing is a rocket! Very snappy quick reving power. Like it was in 125 trim but with WAY more power everywhere over the 165. My son is now back in LOVE with MY WB165 :D. BTW you don't give up power anywhere including the bottom with the SC and I have the KTM SX200 fatty pipe on my WB165. I can't put into words just how crisp my bike runs with the SC.
    wallybean likes this.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I'm on their list. I will probably wait for the diecast model as they should have the flooding issue fixed in those carbs. I flop a lot jumping logs and crap(damn short legs). If it floods when this happens it would be tough.
  7. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

They will charge what you all are willing to pay.......with all this hype over the billet version I wouldn't expect much of a price break on the die cast version. I'm very interested and am a potential buyer but not until I see what the price is. And yes you are right, people with more money ( or credit cards) than sense will spend a ridiculous amount of cash on items such as wheels, exhaust and bling that doesn't do a darn thing for them except drain the bank account. The smart carb does seem to be a genuine value for our money based on the reviews.
    454x likes this.
  8. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    It makes them happy. Isn't that what really matters.
    tnttimber, john01, HuskyT and 3 others like this.
  9. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Totally! We are in this sport because it makes us happy. If wasting cash makes you happy then pm me and I'll give you my paypal address so you can send this poor boy a sponsorship.
    wallybean likes this.
  10. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    To some people, dirt bikes in general are a waste of money.
  11. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    The nice thing about the SmartCarb is that there isn't a wasted nickel. At least to me and I value my nickels. For comparative values, in my opinion, the SmartCarb die cast version should be as valuable as the billet version. The performance/time value is the relevant factor, not the material it's constructed of. Just saying. Sending poor boys money doesn't make me happy, but helping people who give it all they can, now that's support that counts. If it's a bling factor, that's just personal and nobody else's business. My post was just for comparative values. It's all good. :cheers:
    huskybear, wallybean, john01 and 2 others like this.
  12. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    This my have been addressed but I emailed them about emissions testing and EPA they said they are being conducted as we speak and should have results by January, very interested and hopeful!
  13. SC1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    The reason for releasing an expensive billet version of the SmartCarb was to educate people to the "value" of the product and receive end user feedback, not get a feel for people's pain threshold on price points. Although we are selling all the billet's we can build, and nobody who has one is complaining, we have studied this market for years and understand clearly what people are willing to pay. So even as good as the SmartCarb is the market will only bear a $350.00 to $400.00 price point for a carburetor, period. So of course that will be near the number we will sell the die cast carbs for. We are waiting to announce the price because of final machining quotes and small parts prices, so bear with us.

In terms of value though I will say one thing, you will never, ever, find another product that you put on with a couple hose clamps that will give you an immediate 10% or more gain in performance, a 30% increase in fuel economy and a huge emissions reduction. And yes it's all true and we have the data to prove it, but we prefer for you, the public, to look at independent testing that will soon be coming out. Rider's on this forum have already made statements to the lack of smoke and unburned oil spooge during their rides. Listen to what they are saying. The OEM's already know how much emissions reduction potential the SmartCarb has and well... the whole aftermarket price may soon be a moot point.
    marcmo0 and 454x like this.
  14. SC1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    flyingbob, thanks for the kind remarks.
  15. SC1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    We have not personally tested a 38mm on the husky small bore conversion engines, but if you feel you have adequate bottom end then I would say yes it's very likely you would see a substantial gain on the top end. Any idea the rpm your turning?
  16. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Not a chance it will clean up to EPA standards. Not a chance.
  17. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    So is there anyone who wants to offset the price of their smartcarb by selling me their 38mm Keihin airstriker??
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sorry I dropped the Mikuni to install my SC.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    agree.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't know anything about EPA standards but I wouldn't bet against them. I guess we will all hear after Jan.