FLAMEOUT and the '08 EFI

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by MOTORHEAD, Oct 12, 2008.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't feel Quasimoto's pain. Everyone has stated over and over that these bikes run like this until they are opened up. I remember it and so do many, many others. Get back to us when you have 600 miles of break-in, the power-up kit installed, throttle stop removed, TPS adjusted, iBeat tuned and the idle up a bit. These are not hard things to do. In fact, I bet they are easier to do than complaining about the bike all the time. Two forums and all you do is complain. Do something about it! We've told you the solutions...they're right there for you...staring at you in the face...calling you.

Rant off...David.
  2. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Motorhead - how did you reduce compression? A new piston? What part # did you use?
    Have you posted this work in another thread?
  3. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

question...

you guys that are getting the flame out, how did you seal the vacumn port off the intake manifold when you removed the charcoal canister and associated vacumn line?
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'm running two base gaskets and the thickest head gasket right now. I have not posted this work in another thread.

I removed the fitting and installed a screw coated in THREEBOND 1211.
  5. Quasimoto Husqvarna
    B Class

What's the problem with MR FITNESS2GO ?

Mr David is on a roll :excuseme:

You might want to ask your doctor to change your meds or something but who the heck are you on this forum ?. Do U represent everyone here since you mention :"report to us"; who is "us" ? I'll tell you when I report again, so you can grant me permission to post again.:notworthy:

My point is only that quite a few seem to still have problems even after uncorking and ibeat or PC III on their TE's.

All in all, Mr David, why don't you refrain from posting negative personal posts and try to understand what some Husky noobs are concerned about. Or is that too much for your obviously very low I.Q. ?

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
  6. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

interesting, and you say it's more woods/tight friendly. So I guess you have to pull the cylinder for the base gaskets and break the timing chain for such a process?
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nothing wrong with me!?!? I've been here a while and ridden with many a member. I've had some issues with my bike and I asked questions on how to fix them...you know "Get the job done." I can't stand when someone comes into these forums and starts bitching and moaning before they ever try to find out the solution. If you've tried everything and the bike is still a stinker, then by all means COMPLAIN. I'm sorry to get under your sensitive thin skin. If you look at my post, I didn't say anything about you needing meds. I listed 6 easy steps to do to your bike and get back to "US." That way if the bike doesn't work, "WE'LL" try and help you figure it out.

David

8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh and here are some other nasty things I said about you on your post over on TT...horrible:

9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, I like the bike much better now. The motor is WAY smoother and easier to ride. I'm not a big fan of really high compression engines anyway. IMO, anything above about 12:1 starts to give diminishing returns, via very jerky power below about 4 grand and possible lose of torque from "deto" on pump gas. Adding FWW and running race gas will help, but then you start to slow revs again and add to opertating costs / complexity, which just seems to be shooting yourself in the foot, to me anyway.

It might all be justifiable for PRO level MX or SM, but not for what I want it to do.

Pulling the top end down isn't that nasty of a job, you don't have to break the cam chain and I didn't remove the valves or even have to re-shim. Just put it back together and set the cam timing, which isn't as hard as it sounds.

Besides, IMO, the rewards are worth it.
  10. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    That's what I did- I cut doun an 8mm bolt the same length as the vacuum fitting and coated with permatex gasket sealant. one more thing to never worry about again.:thumbsup:
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yep, gone and forgotten.:thumbsup:
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    If anyone read Scott Summers profile of what they did to a TE 510, it included lowering the compression. They did it via shaving the piston which was a fairly expensive proposition but they like the results too, of a little more tractable and predictable response.
  13. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you know what your compression ratio is now?
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Somebody was telling me about the benefits of piston shaving not too long ago. I'd rather run a thicker head gasket, though. Both cheaper and less work. I wonder how many thousands more than stock you would have to run to make the bike run better on the trails.:thinking::excuseme:
  15. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Somewhere around .020" or .5mm seems to do the trick. The TXC has a 2 ring flat top piston and the TE has a 3 ring concave top. It would actually be more of a pain to do the TE piston and I didn't want to take the time to build a piston holding fixture, so I just added the second base and tickest head gasket. The TC/TXC would be simple with a piston fixture. A TXC piston might be in my future.

That seems to have gotten me +.018" and a 11.5:1 compression ratio.
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:
  17. PhilM Husqvarna

It sounds like you have a vaccum leak. Mine had the same symptoms and thats what my problem was. It is very possible that your low pressure could be from an injector going beyond its duty cycle rating from the mods to the motor. Not sure, but i would look there as well...

Good luck
  18. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

that is what I was thinking with the intake manifold vacumn port and a potential leak...

I removed the hose and installed a rubber vacumn port cap over the manifold vacumn port instead of the screw/3bond method.
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Where did yours leak?

I don't think that's the problem, since there are no signs of any leaks anywhere.
  20. PhilM Husqvarna

The clamps at the throttle body. I also had a small leak around the fitting where the evap canister comes into the motor. I had no idea untill I sprayed some fluid around the fittings...