Husky Trip to the Tip

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Mike Kay, Aug 13, 2009.

1. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

WHA???:confused:

Tell your Lazy good for nothin chicken of an ortho to write you a prescription for something here.

Cuz A) If'n you need really good pills you gotta have a prescription in Mx to get them now.

And B) him being skeered of the DEA is no reason for you to be in pain!

That said, last time I was in Mx I got some Tramadol over the counter... Have you guys had this stuff?:busted: I have no idea if it actually works on pain cuz I was sooooooo HIGH I can't remember:lol:

( I still like good ole cheapo generic USA Vicoden better though)
  2. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I should be fine. I go day to day without anything, so plan to run with just OTC stuff in me on the ride. I got a nice shot of cortisone a few weeks ago to give me a boost. If some Mex-OTC opportunity presents itself, though... ;)
  3. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now it all has to go back together to make the trip to CA.

Attached Files:

4. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    How's it getting there?
  5. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Via trailer with BentAero.
  6. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Getting close and I am sure all that are going are very excited. I would like to extend my prayer to all of you that are going. May you be kept safe from the time you leave your doorstep to the time you get back to that same door. I wish the best of times for all and the extended family that are flying down to meet you in Cabo. would have loved to join you but can't. Take many photos and have a great time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Gary Palmer 84 one and family.
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    My name is also Gary and I agree and believe as PALMER84ONE does. May all of you, yours and your Husky's have a safe and Epic time! :ride:
  8. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Gary, :thumbsup:

I'm planning on taking lots of photos... Even before the ride lol

I adjusted the valves on my bike, but it just didn't sound right. I was pretty sure I did it right, but it was my first time so paranoia set in and so I took it to George for a second opinion. He decided it was better safe than sorry and said I should go in and look at it again:banghead:

Of course, we'd been running the engine a while now so I had to do it tomorrow:banghead:

SO I asked him how much to have him look at it if I did all the dis-assembly, he quoted me a great price so I went back to Santa Ana this morning and tore into my bike in the parking lot, while crash maintained lookout:cool:
    [IMG]

Seriously, what auto/motorcycle or whatever dealer works like George? This guy works his butt off and I've never met ANYONE so knowledgeable and giving of his time & knowledge to help others.:notworthy: I know it must be annoying having to answer all my stupid questions...:cheers:
    [IMG]

Turns out one of the Valves was WAY off, so it was a good thing all around. After George's magic touch the bike runs like a top with __NO__ sound in the valve train like before.

He's coming in to work the DAY AFTER Xmas to see us off and help us setup our bikes. :eek:

Tomorrow's Project is to replace this:
    [IMG]

with this:
    (I may have over compensated a smidge:lol:)
    [IMG]

I had to leave though cuz George kept finding little things to add to my todo list.:bonk:
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Crash (the dog) is looking spry :thumbsup:
  10. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

LOL, yeah I caught him in a rare moment there, I think he was just 'adjusting'
  11. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Xymotic,
    Do you need that rear fender braket? I'll lend you mine and you can give me the one that comes in off back order later. It is not on my bike but in a box in my shop.PM sent.
  12. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    You're fortunate to have George give your bike a good go-over before the trip. I was mighty tempted to just ship him my bike 3 weeks in advance and have him prep it.
  13. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well if you had, it would definitely be bulletproof, he got a meticulous eye for that stuff.

But then again it would be way expensive! :lol::lol: Just show up early on the 26th so there's time if you need anything major...
  14. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wiring gone over and abundance of shrink tubing used over exposed areas. New running and BD headlight installed. Trailtech mounted but mount of sensor to front fork giving a devil of a time. Box from Uptite arrived with sprockets and filters. Thanks George. Tick Tock.

Attached Files:

15. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    No

Sleep

'Til

Baja
  16. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

Dear Gary,

Would you please, please take me somewhere really warm. I'm very cold right now, and I just can't take it anymore. How 'bout somewhere real sunny, like California?

Signed, Your Trailer.

[IMG]

Took this picture today about 3:30 this afternoon... :banghead:
  17. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yuck!

Our roads are finally clear, but the snowbanks along the sides are 3 - 4 feet, some higher. There is a chance of a mid week storm next week that may drop an additional 6 to 12 inches. Ugh. It's not even officially winter yet.

I want my global warming!
  18. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just realized I have not ordered VHF and headset. I will try and get from Baja Designs asap but would greatly appreciate someone with experience reccommending a specific brand and model number for the radio.
  19. life_in_sepia Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got the Yaesu FT 270R, which is apparently their latest greatest. Baja Designs doesn't carry it, but they have other brands that I'm sure are also good, if slightly more expensive. I got my Yaesu radio online from ham radio outlet. You will also need to get the Yaesu adapter for the BD headset, which is CT 91.

I got the headset from baja designs. When I got the headset from BD, they were waiting on a part and it took longer than expected. So, if you order from them, make sure when you call then that they have all the parts in stock and ready to ship. If they can't guarantee timely shipment, then you'll have a decision to make.

Lastly, you need to "modify" the unit to get it to transmit (as opposed to just receive) at the 151.490 frequency (not a hobbiest band). Each unit will have a different "mod" of course. Xymotic and I know the mod for the Yaesu (prying a tiny part off the board), but not the others. So if you get another brand/model, you will need to figure out how to modify it.

Clear as mud?

Given the short timeframe, I would recommend calling BD and telling them you need a radio/headset combo for the 151.490 frequency (transmission and reception) and see what they say. It might cost you $20-$30 more than buying the radio elsewhere, but you may get a peace-of-mind that it will work as a unit. But if you get FT 270R, and CT 91 adaptor, with the BD headset (the combo I have), then I'm pretty sure we can get it to work. Ed
  20. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bought my Yaesu from a local place that does mail order, https://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/home.asp

I think it was like $145 with tax and everything. If you get stuck for shipping let me know and I can pick one up for you if you like.