KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huskywood Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R 2013
    I'd rather buy from a local dealer!! Not a valid reason to be excited about this deal
    JonXX likes this.
  2. Huskywood Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R 2013
    If this turns out to be true Mr. Pierer is my new hero I feel like I just read a script for an up coming soap...as the Husky turns!!

Great thread:popcorn:
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Husky isn't going anywhere. The new BMW state-of-the-art production facility came with the deal and will be utilized. Pierer will bring solid offroad-oriented philosophy to the brand. Two-word summation of the company's philosophies.... Ktm= hardcore offroad >>> BMW = Quirky streetbikes / adventure tourers. All of this is only my opinion and may be complete garbage!
    454x likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Why go on and on over this ? Please go start a new thread on this angle ...

Can the Husqvarna Company build engines? They seemed to do pretty good before the GER people came around ...

---

This guy just dumped the pimkins and if he sold his shares to Bajaj, he just gave them the keys to that lovely pimkin patch so many are still bent on here ...

This guy is a business man for sure and will milk whatever he can from whoever he can ... But to start begging this quick for a pimkin engine ...makes me wonder what your agenda is all about ...
  5. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
  6. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    2014 Husqvarna DI 2 stroke. Beleedat. Its a'comin.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Mine also ... And I don't care what he does after he has kicked all the dingleberries and riff-raft and pimps off Husqvarna's butt ... Mr. Pierer owns the Husqvarna World pretty much as it stands now ...
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    All I know is my 449 will soon be an unsupported orphan, and this deal just killed my Dad's plans to get a TR.

That and if I want a great bike at a reasonable price for my lady, I better get her husky soon. Can you imagine what its gonna be like to choose which $10k+ non japanese you would like? Will it be a$10,000 Husky, a $12,000 KTM, or perhaps, the $13,500 Husaberg is more you're style....yuck
  9. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    I don't want KTM anything in my Husky if i wanted KTM i'd go buy one, same goes for Berg motors.
    I would love to see further development/refinement of the X-Light which i think is an awesome motor and great handling bike.
    In the future i'd like to see an X-Light 350/450 and maybe an all new Husky 500/550 as well as new 2 strokes, not that i ride them but for growth of the brand they need a new 2 stroke.
    Most of all out of this deal i want to see Husqvarna treated with the respect they deserve. After 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing no other brand in the history of off road motorcycling even comes anywhere near what Husqvarna has been able to do for our sport, no other manufacturer comes close to the history and tradition of Husqvarna and i hope Mr Pierer resurects Husqvarna back to the mighty brand it once was and they dominate MX and Off road once again, i just hope he doesn't bastardise the brand by putting KTM parts in Husqvarna bikes.
    john01 and ray_ray like this.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Oh, and I really mean it about calling and trying to order parts from some guy who sounds like the owner of the kwiki mart.

Good afternoon, and tank you for calling hookavarnish support.

Yes, I have a 2011 TE.. Oh, I am so sorry sir, but this is for motorcycles sir, we are not selling the liquid refreshments here. If you are looking for tea, may I suggest a kwikimart sir?
    Tinken likes this.
  11. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Could be true ... The USA (and the ama) might be the last card played in this new Husqvarna company ... It is a EU based company remember?

--

FIM racing is OK with me ....
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    310huskyTE likes this.
  14. Max Payne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    6 of them
    Other Motorcycles:
    6 of them
    My insignificant thoughts on this whole mess... I own 5 Huskies, 5 Hondas, 1 Husaberg, and 1 Aprilia. They are all fantastic, super fun bikes to ride (but in their own way). If my garage could accomodate more I'm sure there would be some Ktm's in there as well... How to choose what bike to buy next? How it boils down for me is who is the best dealer in my area? Who do I want to spend my money with? Right now I drive 400 miles round-trip to visit Bills Motorcycles Plus in Salem to buy new bikes because he is the best dealer I've met and I want to support his shop. My local Ktm dealer is a grumpy old turd and doesn't deserve my business. If Bill's suddenly starts selling Ktmskies because that's what Europe sends us, guess what? I will have to enlarge my garage for some new Ktmskies, or start parking my unridden Hondas in the living room (wife permitting). I look at it like this: History has shown that bikes evolve for the better (Cannondale exempt from this theory). Don't worry dudes, we are going to have sweet bikes to ride for years to come... Regardless of who is pulling the strings overseas.
  15. Aussie Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    76 GP125,08 TE250,10 TE250, 11 WR150
  16. Aussie Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    76 GP125,08 TE250,10 TE250, 11 WR150
    But seriously this is a good thing for husky. A new and exciting future for husky and the folks that ride them. The new owners have skin in the game so I'm looking forward to the future not back past.
    Big and Husky and ray_ray like this.
  17. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Maybe Pierer will bring the Nuda R to the states, not the V-Strom ripoff version.
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I will have to take this in and look at what happens to the brand. I have seen the Hussaberg brand gradually succumb to the Austrian nee Indian ownership with this years enduro line up. I have loved Huskies since the 60's, never had a bad one and can't help feeling a sence of loss. BMW did some good things initially but to my mind foisted some of their ordinary product on to Husky who admittedly improved the product but imho would have done a better job out of the box. Hmmm cant help but feel it is more a case of getting rid of a determined and continually improving competitor than any economies of scale.
    Radbuster, 310huskyTE and ohmygewd like this.
  19. nathanTE449 Husqvarna
    A Class

I haven`t read all 27 pages of comments over this, so I appoligise if this has been said but, from what I read about this is that whatshisface, who is the CEO of KTM bought Husqvarna personaly, totaly indipendant from KTM. So KTM don`t own Husqvarna, their CEO does. Who the hell knows why! Who knows what influence KTM will have on Husky.
    ray_ray likes this.
  20. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Possibly but KTM outsells Husky 10 to 1. Seems kind of expensive to buy a company just for that sliver of marketshare. Stefan Pierer farts out more bikes before breakfast than Husky makes all year. Hmm, so THAT'S why they're that orangey brown color...
    310huskyTE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.