KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    for whomever wanted Andrew Short...

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

With the announcement that BTO Sports KTM added Andrew Short to their roster, Factory Effex is proud to welcome Andrew to the team. Short, who currently sits 7th in points in the 2013 AMA Monster Energy Supercross series, will make his debut for the team this coming weekend in Atlanta, GA and continue with BTO Sports KTM through the remainder of the Supercross season and on into the 2013 Outdoor Motocross series. Get your hands on the graphics that Short and the rest of the team are rockin' this year at factoryeffex.com.

[IMG][IMG]
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

AS did well when he was on KTM before and he will again
    Great guy as well

Best of luck to him and I never say that to an Orange rider
  3. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Ok my spy is back in the country after visiting the Factory in Italy. There is currently a New 449/511 ready to go for this year with the factory all tooled up & ready. They will come with X-lite motors put into 250/310 frames which we should see about mid year. BMW have a New 2T ready to go, But we will be lucky to see it this year as They were waiting to see what everybody else does. He has actually seen the new 449/450, as he was let into the R&D area. There is a shitload of Trick bits on the way as well. He said the vibe in the factory was very positive with SP being the new owner. He has seen the scrambler in the flesh & he wants one. I got the impression there was other news, but didn't want to let it slip.

As for the new bike in November, expect it to be something entirely new. Husky has full access to all of BMW Patents, but CTS will disappear from Enduro line up. I expect not to see many of there patents used though. Next years line up will probably have WP suspension. Expect Bergs & Huskys to share parts, Not KTM/Bergs & Husky. Very good chance KTM will be sold to Bajaj.

Of coarse this is only what he has told me, so whether it is true or not, time will tell
    Big and Husky, MikeB and huskyduck like this.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Your spy seems to have given you what sounds like good news, but a little hard for me to understand.
    "There is currently a New 449/511 ready to go for this year with the factory all tooled up & ready. They will come with X-lite motors put into 250/310 frames which we should see about mid year." ?? Please explain. Scrambler? Just curious.
  5. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511

The449/511 in its current form has been replaced with the New x-lite motor & trim. Same motor as the 250/310 but in a big bore form. So expect it to look like a 250/310 trim, but with a 450 version & probably a 500 No idea what they will call it, but I am sure it will probably not be a 449/511. As for the scrambler, I am sure there are pics on here.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Wow, thats a mouth full -
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    there have been pix of the new X-light 450 floating around for about a year. It is posted here somewhere. Make sense. Good info, thanks.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now lets see what will happen to the NEW HUSKY office in southern calif Which is filled with x KTM employee
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Oh shit, I totally forgot about that.
  10. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good news -- I think Husky needs a competitive 450 in a more traditional platform and I think the x-lite can get there.

Now -- WHERE IS THE FREAKIN' TWO STROKE !!!
    john01 likes this.
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been told that the new 450 will be sold just in TC trim for 2014.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think thats where the need it the most.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    an many times the best platform to build an off road racer out of.
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Rings true. And sounds good. Am glad that Husky´s giving up on the twins. Never liked them and they´re a departure from the company´s roots. Others can do that better.
  15. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

well, if companies ought to always "stick to their roots", husqvarna would still build muskets, and aprilia would still build sewing machines.

as for husky two-cylinders being a departure from their roots... let's see that they built ~100 years ago:
    [IMG]

yes, maybe husqvarna should go back to their roots, and stop building those "new-school-fashion" dirtbikes... :busted:

r
    HuskyDude and JonXX like this.
  16. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    I do not know whether the new news, one Finnish motorcycle magazine online
    Husqvarna off-road racing returns to its roots: the popular Nuda-street bike manufacturing run out and maybe some more 2-stroke bikes
  17. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Actually a little Birdy (Italian one) told me the TXC version will be released as a 2014 model also. Different Tank and gearbox.
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I heard in 2014 all Husqvarnas are going to hover...

Lol
    mnb likes this.
  19. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    They also will have "Anti-rock" & "Anti-tree" force-field device built into the CDI / Celestial Navigation Computer. (CNC). :cheers:
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I heard the new 2014 Husky's will all boil over and the smallbore's will blow up at the sign of trouble and it appears the Italians drank to much wine and forgot the linkage and if you want to make a KTM red all you have to do is buy Husky plastic and Kayaba went under so they are going to use WP suspension the wheelbase will be shorter and well the bike is going to feel well more jap like and the radiator supplier upped the prices so they bought radiators from KTM . They decided to make riders faster they need a seat made out of concrete. The good news is they are so light because well of cutbacks and short bolts they are 10 pounds lighter then they were before! And the weird thing that is cool the KTM Husky and Husaberg now have the same part number for pistons! Wow I need to go to the toilet again........................................................ I forgot they all now have a 3 position map switch. 1 for really slow KTM 2 for boy your a midrange Husaberg sucker and 3 for Husqvarna you should have done something about this 20 years ago and this nightmare would not have happened.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.