1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

My Txc310 Is Almost Perfect

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MikeB, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's official - the Ballistic battery is all that failed. The little Husky has 42 hard hours on it with normal oil and filter and tire changes. So far: 1 weeping fork seal, 2 busted up radiator/gas tank shrouds, and the valves .001 loose.
  2. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    That is good to hear. (to bad about the battery but good over all to tack down the problem)
  3. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good to know. Thanks MikeB.
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Are you using bleeders?
  5. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

No fork bleeders - I've had them before and was going to add them to this one but - hardly any air ever bled out after a hard ride. I've got the close chambered KYB's and assumed it was charactoristic of them NOT to need much bleeding.

Ballistic has been entirely uncooperative. No response to phone calls. One response to emails saying that they were referring the problem to "engineering". I had expected better treatment with a 6 month old battery. (maybe honoring the "warranty" would be a good start:confused:)
  6. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kudo's to RockyMountainATV. I purchased the battery thru them and they are sending me a new one ... immediately ...! :thumbsup: (I'll wrap it in rubber this time) Sadly, Ballistic has been very weird. They did finally send me an email at 9PM last Sunday night (7-8) saying they would replace my battery but needed my address (I immediately responded with my address). Today, I finally got a phone call message from them ... saying they need my address :confused:.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Real good info here Mike, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
  8. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

:thumbsup::applause:
  9. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gettin ready to spend the first 2 weeks of August in Idaho .. installed rear rotor guard, 52 tooth rear sprocket (thanks Kelly @ Motosportz) and Pirelli trials tire.

[IMG]

First ride impressions: I can feel the tire is heavier (need to adjust a click or 2) but the tire gets unreal traction accelerating, braking, and leaned over. The bike also seems to track straighter with the rear not moving around. (Tubliss @ 8 psi). Sand, no problem straight or turning. Hard pack with loose top excellent. Berm shots, and railing small berm easy, easy. With the rear not moving around only need to concentrate on the front tire ... commit in a turn and hammer the throttle early and there's so much traction out of the back it "lifts" the front tire thru the turn allowing much more exit speed. A little hard to slide the rear but very predictable when it does. No signs of wear after first 2 hours of use (abuse).
  10. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    I have been riding a tials tire for the last few years. I have one ready to go after I wear out the factory rear. Did you have to go longer with the chain for the 52t and tire?
    bruceandrew likes this.
  11. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Mike - Kelly said he rode with ya yesterday :)
    I ordered a 116 link chain and had to take a link and a half off - or is that 2 links - :thinking:
    Anyway the stock chain was a couple links too short and I needed to move the axle back 1/2 inch or so to get clearance at the mud guard since the tire is a little taller than my normal knobby.
  12. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    It was a fun day with great trails. First time on the tighter stuff with the new bike. The bike felt great once I got into the groove. Will have to dial in the sag a little to quicken it up a touch. One of these weeks I will have to get a Sunday off and ride with you.
  13. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

I finished 20 hours of hard trail riding in Idaho. Kudos to the Idaho Forest Service which maintains hundreds, and hundreds of miles of crazy trails and to the Idaho riders who dance down them like they're no big deal.

13/52 sprockets and Pirelli trials tire were perfect ... but left 6th gear good for only about 45mph on dirt connecting roads. That Motosportz rear rotor guard took the brunt of some pretty savage hits. The little TXC310 now has 65 hard hours and every piece of plastic is in pretty bad shape. The stock plastic skid plate has worked admirably even in some crazy "Erzberg" rock gardens. There were somewhere around 15 guys in our group from around the country and I encouraged them to give the Husky a try. (The bike was PERFECT for the conditions) Compared to KTM 200's, 300's, and a 350 (which they rode), they all said that it was very light and had a lot more power than they expected.

A few pictures of a 90 mile day ... at 12 mph average. 1st picture is the way we came up to the 9100 ft summit. 2nd picture is the poor little girl surrounded by ugly. 3rd picture show the faint trail down and one of many switch backs.
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's that 2nd picture:[IMG]
  15. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    Looks like you had a great time. Great to see the Husky in a sea of orange.
  16. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Looks like you brought some class to the ride. :) Amazing terrain...I'd love to try that out!
  17. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK - here's a picture which gives a real idea of the scope of the terrain. I'm the second in line waiting for a shot at a steep climb up to the photographers vantage point. I did NOT gaze at the scenery unless stopped with my feet on the ground! 10 - 15 riders every day and only one rope recovery (me) and only 1 injury (a broken finger before we hit the trails the 1st day) and only 1 mechanical (chafed radiator hose caused slow leak and and early end to 1 day for 1 rider) and no flats![IMG]
    Aaron8 likes this.
  18. msev1111 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 500 EXC, Ninja ZX14
    awesome. What mods do you have on your txc?
  19. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    Mike, great pics, I'm heading out to ride the mountains east of Boise, Idaho in about 2 weeks. Where did you ride? Looks like the Sawtooths.

I just traded my 06 Husky TE610 for a used 2012 TE310 and have been working on getting it perfect, so I'm following your upgrades w/ interest. It sounds like you have it dialed. I've added the TXC 12 port injector and ECU (much better response now!) and the suspension has been redone. It sounds like the Akrapovic was a big improvement. The performance changes you mention are what I'm looking for. I suppose the JD unit is needed as well to really dial it in? Thanks.
    Dave
  20. msev1111 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 500 EXC, Ninja ZX14
    Nevermind, read the whole thread and you already say.

Take care.